Hannah Frank, Photographer
Lewis University showcased the artwork of students, both current and alumni, in the newly constructed Oremus Fine Arts Building on February 6. The event also featured an opening reception and awards ceremony.
1. Junior graphic design major Kendra Mills wins honorable mentions for her screenprint of Roger Federer (pictured left) and senior liberal arts major, Connor McLennan wins 3rd place at the President’s 5th Annual Art Show for his painting of Waiting #1 (pictured right).
2. There was a large turnout for the art show opening as it was a success for the Fine Arts Department.
3. Lewis University student Melissa Chicola has her watercolor painting, Spatter of Life, hanging on the wall of the new Art Gallery (pictured left).
4. Brother James Gaffney gave great appreciation to all the artists involved in the show.
5. Natalie Swain, gallery director, shares her excitement for the events to come to the Oremus Fine Arts Center and thanks all those who took part in the President’s 5th Annual Art Show Opening.
6. Junior graphic design major, Kendra Mills, wins honorable mentions for her screenprint of Roger Federer and is congratulated by Br. James Gaffney.
7. Attendees view mixed media artwork from Lewis alumni, Zach Krope and his piece entitled Mondenstein.
8. Senior liberal arts major, Connor McLennan, played songs from folk artist, Tallest Man on Earth.
9. Acrylic and canvas artwork – titled Father Son Spirit – from Lewis University Alumni, Cory McDermott, was displayed at the art show opening (pictured center).