Published on February 13th, 2013 | by Eric Hernandez
Communications Students Hold ‘Meet the Campus Media Day’
Eric Hernandez, Photo Editor
On Jan. 30, students and staff from The Lewis Flyer, WLRA radio and the Lewis University Television Network connected with other Lewis students in “Meet the Campus Media Day.” Participating members from The Lewis Flyer showcased their award-winning print and online newspaper; and members from WLRA and LUTN spoke to students about the obstacles and rewards of being part of campus media.
1. Midra Malik (pictured left), senior air traffic control major, meets the campus media and fills out a Valentine’s Day matchmaker for a fundraiser that benefits the Advocate Children’s Hospital Family Assistance Fund.
2. Senior Anthony Lyen, tempo editor of the Lewis Flyer, shows Br. James Gaffney an edition of the award-winning student newspaper.
3. C.J. Darschewski, an electronic media/radio graduate assistant, cues Athletic Director Dr. John Planek to say the opening for the Lewis University Television Network.
4. Senior Rachel Stella (pictured left), copy editor for the Lewis Flyer, shows Blessing Honey, a freshman marketing major, the print edition of The Lewis Flyer.
5. Noelle Trainor, a sophomore broadcast journalism major, interviews Joey Preston, a senior broadcasting major, for a news package.
6. Br. James Gaffney is interviewed by Jessica Resendiz, a broadcast journalism major, for WFLY-TV news.
7. Jodi Steinberg, a senior public relations major, is asked how she participates in campus media by Jessica Resendiz.
8. Noelle Trainor talks to the camera, which is operated by Bria May, a sophomore broadcast major.